Expand my Community achievements bar.

marketing channels classification indexing issue

Employee

Hi Team,

This is related to marketing channels classification

one of my client opted to clean up a few of the Marketing Channel classifications, but only the specific values that were not needed were removed, which left holes in the Index Values (e.g. Index #2 was deleted, so the first value we visually see in the UI is actually index #3 and not index #2).
They have one global report suite and new report suites were duplicated from the Global one, so for newer ones the index values begin with #1 and increment without the holes. So for the newer report suites, Index #2 is the same as Index #3 for the majority of report suites dues to this they were not able to make any type of classification update across all report suitesSolution i recommended to them is to delete all Marketing Channel Classifications and re-creating them, and they were able to update the index values tied to the classificationThe challenge with this solution is that all previously classified keys still reference the index keys they were classified against, so the classifications show up under the wrong dimension within workspaceany idea how we can fix this?

1 Reply

Level 2

Hi Amanmishra,

Am I right in my understanding that this challenge concerns classified keys that still reference the old index values, leading to misclassified data under the wrong dimensions in Workspace? If so, my initial thought would be to try and re-classify the channels in processing rules to update previously classified keys as a way of fixing this. However, that is not retroactive. So SAINT classifications might help here but then you get a new dimension for re-classified channels.

Let me know your thoughts.