Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Table row comparison in percentage (not total)

Level 5

I want to make a percentage comparison between two rows of a one-column table. From the x page views of the landing page, how it compare to the page view of the last page of the journey. However, I need the table to consider the first row as 100% but now it shows the % of the total page views (both rows together).

adobe.jpg

Is there a way for me to consider the first row as 100%? Or a Calculated metric I could use?
thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you can do that in this way.. but there may be options...

If you are always looking at the same 2 pages, I would suggest making them columns. So keep your metric at the top, then add your pages as subs of the metric.. then you can create a calculated metric between the 2 columns (hide the % on the pages and rely only on the calculated metric which is now column 3)

JDungan_0-1652976084202.png

JDungan_1-1652976302304.png

Of course, this only works if you are always looking at the same specific pages..... 

However, you could also consider a fallout chart? This will show all the steps, and calculate the % of continuation/fallout for each step... (this will also be more "direct" looking specifically at users who actually went to the first page, then the second page in that order). You can remove the "all visits/all visitors" top row, you don't need to leave it there (since you may only have a small subset of users coming to this flow)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think you can do that in this way.. but there may be options...

If you are always looking at the same 2 pages, I would suggest making them columns. So keep your metric at the top, then add your pages as subs of the metric.. then you can create a calculated metric between the 2 columns (hide the % on the pages and rely only on the calculated metric which is now column 3)

JDungan_0-1652976084202.png

JDungan_1-1652976302304.png

Of course, this only works if you are always looking at the same specific pages..... 

However, you could also consider a fallout chart? This will show all the steps, and calculate the % of continuation/fallout for each step... (this will also be more "direct" looking specifically at users who actually went to the first page, then the second page in that order). You can remove the "all visits/all visitors" top row, you don't need to leave it there (since you may only have a small subset of users coming to this flow)

Level 5

Thank you so much!
I thought about something similar however my cia´s analytics subscription only includes metrics for the calculated metric part. it doesn't allow me to use specific URLs there. 

Also, I already tried the fallout and I´ve two issues.. First is that the numbers don´t match with what I´m getting from the table (image below)
adobe2.jpg
and second, one of my goals is to create a summary number with the % I get from the last URL. And I cannot get the summary number for the last line of the fallout, or can I?

Community Advisor

I'm not sure what you mean by the first part... what I showed is using standard metric and segmentation and an adhoc calculation right in workspace.... That shouldn't require any special subscriptions? Though, maybe your permission levels don't allow you to edit the calculated metric.... I'm not sure why this is... I mean, the metric is tied to the report itself... I hate when my users can't edit their own metrics.....  if that is the issue, then yeah... that's a bit of a problem (maybe you can ask your admin to make those changes for you? it's about 30 seconds of work) 

But in regards to the second... this was what I was talking about the fallout being more "specific".

In the table, it just shows raw numbers...

In theory, if I just visited Page B, I would be included as a UV on the Page B column... but in the fallout I wouldn't be included at all because I didn't first visit Page A.

Fallout reports specifically look for people that not only reach the page, but do so in the order specified in the fallout report... in order to be included in the Fallout Page B numbers, I must have visited Page A first (within the context of the fallout)...

In this case, since it's Visitor... I must have visited Page A sometime within the report period (i.e. this month) then also in this month, but after visiting Page A, I visited Page B.

But you are right, those values won't match

Employee Advisor

@fern1 You can definitely do that in workspace, Here is the documentation on how to create percentage change in workspace based on your requirement

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/components/calendar-dat...