Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to find the category filter helped in conversion / Sales?

Level 2

I work for an ecommerce company and trying to find how the category filters on the left hand side helps the users to buy a product. For example an user lands on product page clicks some suitable filters and click the product add to cart and completes the purchase. Basically idea is to find how the filters impact the users buying behavior.

Trying to create a workspace report to see the numbers. Trying to understand should i use evar or props in dimension? Will a freeform table help in getting the answer ? 

Please throw in your ideas. Thanks in advance.

filters.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@gkrish12345 You can capture these filters in evar, but set the evar has a merchandising evar. Merchandising eVars let you assign the current value of an eVar to a product at the time a successful event takes place. This value remains tied to that product, even if one or more new values are later set for that particular eVar.

Here is how can set it and how merchandising evar works

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/evar-merchandising.html?lang...

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

If you haven't already used them up, there are 3 available "list" parameters (which are basically fancy eVar type variables, but are designed to pass a list of values).

You can set the expiry on these the same way you would on an eVar, and set the delimiter the same way you would set it when you make a prod into a list type... but unlike the prop, you aren't limited to 100 characters.

I don't believe this item shows in Adobe Launch's "set variables", but you can set it in the custom code area with s.list1 = _satellite.getVar('data element that processes the list');

Or you pass a list of ids that correspond to the category names, and use classifications to apply the names to the ids. You don't have to pass as the actual visible names.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@gkrish12345 You can capture these filters in evar, but set the evar has a merchandising evar. Merchandising eVars let you assign the current value of an eVar to a product at the time a successful event takes place. This value remains tied to that product, even if one or more new values are later set for that particular eVar.

Here is how can set it and how merchandising evar works

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/evar-merchandising.html?lang...

Hope this helps