Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to calculate time spent in between form interaction and form complete

Level 1

Hi All,

I am using Web SDK and trying to find the time spent in between form interaction and form complete.

• This is two page form and giving form load, form interaction and form complete events.
  • Form load - when 1st page of form loads
  • Form Interaction when user clicks for fill first field of form
  • Form Complete - when (2nd) success page appears

I have tried time spent on/per page/visit bucketed with different segments (form complete/form interact and form complete) but it is not showing the correct results.

Can anyone please help that how can I get table which shows time spent bucketed in between form interaction and completion?

2 Replies

Level 2

HI @MohithPi 

Given the details provided, there are a few important distinctions to consider:

1. Form Complete Definition:

• If the second page contains additional form fields, you should not consider the form complete until the user submits it. In this case, the "form complete" event should be fired only after the final submission is done.
    • If the second page is a success or confirmation page, then the form is considered complete when this page appears, and the "form complete" event should be fired at this point.
  2. Calculating Time Spent:

• If the second page is a success page and you are already capturing the "form complete" event correctly, you should create a calculated metric that measures the time difference between the "form interaction" event timestamp and the "form complete" event timestamp.
    • If the second page is an additional form page, wait until the user submits the form to capture the "form complete" event. Then, calculate the time difference between the "form interaction" event timestamp and the "form complete" event timestamp.

Level 3

@MohithPi  did you try setting a session cookie(time of form start) & calculate delta when form submitted. Either you could feed into a numeric event or evar(for bucketing such as 1-3mins, 3-7mins, 7+). Thanks