Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Selected segment and/or date range change from report to report

Level 3

This is a basic question, I think.

As I open up different reports, both the selected date range and the applied custom segment keep shifting away from what I had selected.  Usually, the segment disappears and I have to re-select it.  The date ranges change unpredictably - sometimes switching to a months-long period, sometimes reverting to a month when I had been looking at an individual week, sometimes switching to a peculiar non-calendar week set of 7 days.

I'm sure there's a method to the madness that I hope someone can explain.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Which method of switching from report to report are you using in Adobe Analytics? I believe if you use the standard 'View All Reports' menu path (or via hot key '/' search) it should persist your segment and date range condition across report selections. If you are not experiencing that UI behavior within that menu flow it should be brought to the attention of Adobe Customer Care as an issue with reproducible steps.

I believe the only exception would be if you are switching between individual reports using the latest release new left navigation 'Favorites', 'Frequently Viewed', or last 'Report History' items; it does not persist fully right now. Customer Care is aware of this specific case issue.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Which method of switching from report to report are you using in Adobe Analytics? I believe if you use the standard 'View All Reports' menu path (or via hot key '/' search) it should persist your segment and date range condition across report selections. If you are not experiencing that UI behavior within that menu flow it should be brought to the attention of Adobe Customer Care as an issue with reproducible steps.

I believe the only exception would be if you are switching between individual reports using the latest release new left navigation 'Favorites', 'Frequently Viewed', or last 'Report History' items; it does not persist fully right now. Customer Care is aware of this specific case issue.

Best,

Brian

Level 3

Brian, I think you're mostly right.  It does happen (the segment falls off) when I navigate using Favorites, Recently Viewed, etc.  

However, it also happens when using View All Reports to get to a dashboard.  Individual reports in View All Reports keep the segment, but not dashboards.

Employee

Yes dashboards are the other edge case since they maintain the original build construction settings. If you feel this is in error given your workflow Customer Care can log a ticket. If you have feature request recommendations the Idea Exchange site is a great resource to voice out to Adobe Analytics Product Management.

Best,

Brian

Employee

FYI per Ben Gaines 10/16/14: Issue with report state (metrics, dates, segments, etc.) when using Frequently Viewed/Report History in R&A has been resolved in interface. UI now remembers all prior selections and properly carries over if users make selections using the left navigation menu options Frequently Viewed/Report History.