Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Reports: Looking at them with a segment applied

Level 2

Hi, after a nearly 10 year hiatus from using Adobe Analytics (it was just Omniture Site Catalyst back then as most of you know), I find myself using it once again.

My challenges and questions for today are:

1) I'd like to view reports with a segment applied to it while I am in the reports section.  For example, if I am in REPORTS>CONTENT>PAGES,  the default view is unsegmented list of Pages and Pageviews

I know that I can use Compare to Segment and see how the unsegmented data compares to whatever segment I enter.

However I would like to apply a segment before this so I can just see data that is segmented (e.g. just pageviews generated by visits who have an iOS operating system)

Can this be done right in the reports section (the training video on Lynda.com shows this was possible back in 2016 but its now 2018 and the interface has changed and can't determine how to do this).

If it can't be done in REPORTS how do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

On the left-sidebar, you should see a series of 3 icons: Reports, Segments, and Metrics.  These toggle the additional sidebar navigation on and off, see below:

segments_icon1.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

On the left-sidebar, you should see a series of 3 icons: Reports, Segments, and Metrics.  These toggle the additional sidebar navigation on and off, see below:

segments_icon1.png

Community Advisor

Dear

Level 2

Yes!  Thank you so much for the quick response and sorry for delay in thanking you.