Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Remove circles from line charts

Level 4

Since the February release of Adobe Analytics workspace, line charts have little circles around many data points, even when Show Anomalies has been turned off.

The circles obscure the data, and make it harder for the readers to view the trend.

1445390_pastedImage_0.png

Is there an option to turn the circles off somehow? If I hover my mouse cursor over the data table, then the circles are hidden, but this is not very user friendly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Clientcare have confirmed this is a bug, and expect a fix in the next release.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Community Advisor

Sorry Joris,

Unable to see from my end.

1445392_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You

Arun

Level 4

I created a new chart using just Visits and Page Views, and the circles still show up despite Show Anomalies being unchecked.

But I think it is somehow related to the anomalies feature because if I turn them on, then they appear over the same data points shown below.

1445704_pastedImage_0.png

Level 3

Hi, I noticed exactly the same behavior on my side! So, I think it's a bug.

Maybe you should create a ticket to Customer Care...

Level 5

I had already opened one when we started seeing it. Customer Care seem initially unsure whether this is a feature or a bug. But it is certainly annoying.

Community Advisor

Can you check do you have limit max items turned on in the chart prefs? if so please turn them off.

Level 4

Hi pabloc82923542​,

Yes, Limit Max Items is turned off in the chart prefs. See below:

1446922_pastedImage_0.png

Feedback from Clientcare is that this is working by design which seems a bit weird to me.

Many thanks

Community Advisor

ok try this... turn on Limit Max items but in teh following po up go to last possible selection.(click on the bottom most result) what happens then?

Level 4

Unfortunately that seems to have no effect. Below I have chosen the max items allowed of 19, although because of my date selection of Mar 14-Apr 1, it seems Adobe Analytics has decided Mar 15 and 17 have anomalies for the Visits metric.

1447071_pastedImage_1.png

I suspect this is a bug, and have opened a ticket with ClientCare.

Level 3

Let me add that the circles are exactly at the same spot than anomalies when "Show anomalies" option is checked, they just change of size... So the problem is just that we cannot hide the anomalies anymore on line charts!

Correct answer by
Level 4

Clientcare have confirmed this is a bug, and expect a fix in the next release.

Employee Advisor

jorisdebeer - Did you get a confirmation that this was fixed? Do you have either a bug ID or incident number that I can reference to resolve this forum thread?

Level 4

Hi Gigazelle​,

Below is the reply I received:

[Incident: 180320-000027]

The bug raised with the Engineering team has confirmed that the fix of this issue would be released in April. Please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and I would be glad to take it forward?

Employee Advisor

Perfect - confirmed as closed on Adobe's end as well. Thanks so much!