Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Referrer type = Social networks, but only visits are registered

Level 2

Hello Adobers.

I am trying to analyse referrals from social networks sites and see how many of them places an order etc.

But the only metric that is currently working is "visits" - all other metrics displays 0.

I have a B2C segment which is working fine. I negated that one and created a B2B segment, however, the B2B segment does not work.

I have tried to troubleshoot the segment without luck and I have looked through forum for a solution, but now I am truly stuck.

I checked with our soME team if we did infact had made sales - and we have.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It's likely you see zeros just because the hit container or the criteria in the segment. For example, maybe an order events happens on the page ABC that is not in the segment, or it gets tracked without a page view call.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hey Andreas,

Are you working in Workspace or Reports?

Check if the segment you are working with is built with a Visit or Visitor container.

Level 2

Hey - Currently workspace -

The segment is:

VISIT
     Referrer type = social networks

Level 10

You mentioned that the B2C segment works fine, is it also built with a Visit container?

Are the metrics you run against the B2B segment relevant for B2B?

Level 2

Let me rephrase

I have two segments:

B2C shop - All pages and B2B shop - all pages.

They are built with hit containers.

When I breakdown those two segments with a segment called Visits from social sites - Only the visit metric is populated with data in the B2B segment. Visits from social sites is built with a visit container.

B2C and B2B segment is built up the exact same way:

HIT
     HIT
     Page contains -"-
     -OR-
          HIT
          URL without parameter starts with -"-
          -OR-
          URL without parameters start with -"-

The metrics are relevant. For example orders, units and conversion rate.

Correct answer by
Level 10

It's likely you see zeros just because the hit container or the criteria in the segment. For example, maybe an order events happens on the page ABC that is not in the segment, or it gets tracked without a page view call.

Level 2

I do not think that is the case. Because otherwise I should be seeing zeros in the B2C segment aswell.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?