Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Paid campaign numbers not matching Adobe Analytics

Level 5

Hi everybody,

We have a site running a paid campaign whose numbers do not match what we are getting on Adobe Analytics or Google.
This website in particular has both GA (because of google ads) and Adobe. On FB Ads manager, it shows that this campaign, in particular, had 773 link clicks in the previous 7 days while on Adobe and Google I don't even have this number for visits/sessions, it shows around 550 (Adobe and Googles numbers are similar in this case)..

if I break down for marketing channels, and social media, it is even less. 

fern1_0-1664810656231.png

Also, our direct number doesn't make sense (too high) considering it's a new product the the likelihood of someone typing the URL and getting directly there is really low. 

Any idea about what is going on? why is adobe not getting the correct social traffic considering the clicks from FB ads manager are way higher? 
this campaign is failing and we have no clue why.

thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @fern1, indeed, that happens. The numbers will never match because there are drop offs even before users reach the website/landing page fully loaded.

Here's my blog about this: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-blogs/3-ways-to-demystify-missing-w...

In summary, 3 Ways to Demystify Missing Link Clicks in Digital Analytics:

• Facebook dashboard numbers are estimated.
  • Cookie policy- if users opted out or rejected the use of cookies, your website analytics will track lesser number of entries than what’s reported from Facebook or other channels.
  • Find out what is your website entry rate benchmark.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

This might be of interest to you:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/data-discrepancies-betwee...

For the record, this seems to be a common occurrence... and one that really makes me question just how inflated FB's numbers are......

Level 5

The weird part is that even Google ads clicks don´t match the sessions..

It is saying we had 3563 clicks and only 233 users, 256 sessions from them.

Wonder if it is something in the code that is interfering..

Community Advisor

I've also found Google Ads to be a bit overzealous in their reports.....

Since we have the same thing, as soon as I have time, I plan to do a deep dive testing session with one of our marketers... and to create a completely isolated test campaign that we do a thorough testing session with... since a lot of people seem to see the same thing, I will post a blog... but it's going to be a while...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @fern1, indeed, that happens. The numbers will never match because there are drop offs even before users reach the website/landing page fully loaded.

Here's my blog about this: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-blogs/3-ways-to-demystify-missing-w...

In summary, 3 Ways to Demystify Missing Link Clicks in Digital Analytics:

• Facebook dashboard numbers are estimated.
  • Cookie policy- if users opted out or rejected the use of cookies, your website analytics will track lesser number of entries than what’s reported from Facebook or other channels.
  • Find out what is your website entry rate benchmark.

Level 5

Thank you!
I´m going to check your blog post!

I´ve been reading about that since it happened but my question is, does it justify that huge difference?
the discrepancy from 773 clicks on FB (I know it also counts likes, etc) to 13 social visits is a lot!

The reach was around 268k with more than 760k impressions.. really don't know why this campaign is failing. Our visits are still really low.. like around 550.