Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Mobile App Marketing Channels

Level 2

I am looking for best practices for setting up marketing channels for an app vs website. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

After doing what Pratheep has suggested below, I recommend reviewing the following:

1. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part I
  2. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part II
  3. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part III
  4. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part IV

Here's something else to keep in mind.  Is the mobile app report suite going to eventually going to handle both Mobile AND web traffic?  If so, you may need to think through exactly how you want to map your Marketing Channels as well.  Also, Mobile apps handle campaign traffic differently than browsers, particularly deeplinks, and the like, so you will need to understand how to set up the rules to identify this kind of traffic.
Following the guides and reading the blogs that Pratheep has touched on will definitely get you started.  There are more of us here to help you out when you run into more questions.

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear ddeling,

Broader ask. You can search for Marketing Channels in Experience League, or Adobe Doc or even few blogs outside Adobe. Your will get plenty of resources! Please do.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

After doing what Pratheep has suggested below, I recommend reviewing the following:

1. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part I
  2. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part II
  3. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part III
  4. Refresher on Adobe Analytics’ Marketing Channels Reports: Part IV

Here's something else to keep in mind.  Is the mobile app report suite going to eventually going to handle both Mobile AND web traffic?  If so, you may need to think through exactly how you want to map your Marketing Channels as well.  Also, Mobile apps handle campaign traffic differently than browsers, particularly deeplinks, and the like, so you will need to understand how to set up the rules to identify this kind of traffic.
Following the guides and reading the blogs that Pratheep has touched on will definitely get you started.  There are more of us here to help you out when you run into more questions.

Jeff Bloomer

Level 2

Thanks, Jeff. I will def. read those resources. You asked the right question in your response so I will narrow my ask. 

I am looking to understand how to set up marketing channels for the app only (setting up rules for deeplinks vs. tracking code for browsers). The app uses a separate report suite from the website (browser tracking).