Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Marketing Channel Expiration vs Lookback window

Level 2

Hi guys,

I want to ask maybe a simple question, but I am not sure I got it right.

We have 30 30-day Marketing channel expiration in the Report Suite settings. Does it mean that when I check the reporting, it only makes sense to look at the lookback windows of 30 days or less for different attribution models? Because everything above 30 days will not be attributed because of the expiration?

Thank you in advance,

Kate

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

30 days expiration here means the time that you want to allow for the visitor’s previous activity on your site to be attributed to the first touch channel. If the visitor uses the site frequently, the engagement window will roll with them. They must be inactive for 30 days for the period to expire and channels to be reset. You can read more about it here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

30 days expiration here means the time that you want to allow for the visitor’s previous activity on your site to be attributed to the first touch channel. If the visitor uses the site frequently, the engagement window will roll with them. They must be inactive for 30 days for the period to expire and channels to be reset. You can read more about it here.

Community Advisor

Using attribution IQ, you can set a longer lookback window.  There's a caveat to using attribution IQ.  If there aren't any marketing channel instances during the lookback period, you'll see a None category.