Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Is report builder compatible with office 365 excel?

Level 2

Hello,

I'd like to know if the report builder plug-in is compatible with microsoft office 365 excel (online), can anyone help?

Thank you,

Unji

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Not available at Online version , Report builder only works when Excel is installed at local machine. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 7

@unba2020 Microsoft Excel needs to be downloaded on the local machine in order to use the Report Builder. The same can be verified from below document :-

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/report-builder/report-builder-setup/system...

Level 2

@amgup 

Thank you! So you are saying the report builder cannot be used in office 365 version of excel - Am I understanding this correctly?

Employee Advisor

@unba2020Report Builder is compatible with Office 365 Excel. I'm using it. Further, you will need to have it on your machine. Also, ensure that the Report Builder is selected under COM Add-ins (Microsoft Office button -> Options -> Add-ins -> Select COM Add-ins from drop down - > Go.

ishans52004352_0-1630939100190.png

Community Advisor

Hello unba2020,

If your question is answered, can you mark the answer correct and close this trail for everyone's use.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics 

Level 4

Is that applicable for "office 365 excel (online)" ????

Employee Advisor

No, I don't think so. We need to have it installed on our machine.

Level 1

Not the online version. You could always invest in supermetrics on build something in workspace. 

Level 2

Ah-ha! Clear enough:) Thank you for the help!

Correct answer by
Level 4

Not available at Online version , Report builder only works when Excel is installed at local machine.