Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to get the time stamp with seconds in adobe analytics

Level 3

How to get the time stamp values with seconds like HH:MM:SS into eVar? what are the steps need to do, to the get data into eVar?

@analytics  @Andrey_Osadchuk,@PratheepArunRaj , Jennifer_Dungan@VaniBhemarasetty @All @kayawalton 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@reddy_y-11  adding one more caveat:

Since eVar values are always strings, don't expect to perform any calculations on your tracked timestamp values, e.g. don't expect to use a filter like "1 day before tracked value". AA recognises your tracked values as strings (I have to keep emphasising this), e.g. "14:23:56" would be interpreted as "fourteen colon twenty-three colon fifty-six".

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Firstly, there's no need to mention other community members in your post, since most of us tend to browse the forum every day (or almost every day). Eventually, someone would reply.

Since eVar values are always strings, then to get your desired format, you would have to set the timestamp with your desired string format, e.g.

s.eVar10 = "14:23:56"; // set a string as the value

Community Advisor

Just remember, when collecting data into eVars, this will use JS to set the values, and be subject to the user's system time (if their clock is wrong, or in a different time zone) it will all be based on that... and while yes, you can convert times to UTC, if the time is set completely wrong, it will be converted based on that incorrect time.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@reddy_y-11  adding one more caveat:

Since eVar values are always strings, don't expect to perform any calculations on your tracked timestamp values, e.g. don't expect to use a filter like "1 day before tracked value". AA recognises your tracked values as strings (I have to keep emphasising this), e.g. "14:23:56" would be interpreted as "fourteen colon twenty-three colon fifty-six".