Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Getting a total from multiple suites in Calculated Metrics

Level 2

Hello, I've created a calculated metric that adds page views across three different report suites. At the reporting level, however, once I select the calculated metric, I am only seeing the metric for that particular suite.

The problem:

I want reporting for one specific content vertical across three different platforms or reporting suites. So I have three reporting suites, let's call them Suite A, Suite B and Suite C. I also have two segments. Segment 1 applies to Suites A&B, Segment 2 applies to Suite C.  So I went to Calculated Metrics and created a metric that combines the factors above (see screenshot.)

When I go to the reporting and I select the metric, it only gives me the metric for the suite I am in. It doesn't tally up the metrics like I thought I would. If I change the reporting suite, I get a different metric, pertaining to the suite I've selected, but no rollup.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I see the totals? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You aren't doing anything wrong, but you will not be able to add content verticals across report suites unless your reporting is within a global report suite that intrinsically contains all the needed verticals. The problem is that even though it appears that you have created a calculated metric that applies across report suites it will only operate under the conditions of the given report suite where it is applied in your report.

Your best options if you do not have a global report suite that includes all verticals would be to create a dashboard that has the report suite totals separate (will not add together) or do extract work/Report Builder/API report pulls to combine and report out.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

You aren't doing anything wrong, but you will not be able to add content verticals across report suites unless your reporting is within a global report suite that intrinsically contains all the needed verticals. The problem is that even though it appears that you have created a calculated metric that applies across report suites it will only operate under the conditions of the given report suite where it is applied in your report.

Your best options if you do not have a global report suite that includes all verticals would be to create a dashboard that has the report suite totals separate (will not add together) or do extract work/Report Builder/API report pulls to combine and report out.

Best,

Brian

Level 2

I see, thanks. So unless I have a rollup suite, I wouldn't get the totals. Thanks