Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Full Path Report

Level 2

Hi,

Why doesn't the total visits from Full Paths report (displayed at the bottom of the report when I run for Entire site) match with actual total site visits?

Same goes for when I isolate the path report to a particular page and the visits don't match to the visits of the page  from the pages report.

Thanks,

Aiyanna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Aiyanna,

The difference between full path visits and total visits is due to non-cookied visitors.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Aiyanna,

The difference between full path visits and total visits is due to non-cookied visitors.

Level 1

I believe that the pathing report renders a visit result that is less than the individual page or site report due to the fact that pathing reports do not span multiple visits and the the way the report calculates the order in which pages are viewed/accesed during a visit therefore resulting in the lower volume of visits. 

Level 1

Hi Aiyanna,

This is an issue we came across too.  After some investigation we've found out that the full path report only brings back paths up to 8 pages in depth (even if you select the "all" option).  Anything longer isn't counted within the report, hence they never add up to site totals.

Level 10

Hi Aiyanna, 

As rightly said above, the different reports interpret data differently.

The following article will give you some more pointers which you should keep in mind while comparing the line item sum to total - https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/sum-line-items-different-from-total.html

Regards,

TM