Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Filter Reportsuite based on Segment

Level 5

Our main website is visited by:

1. Potential new customers
  2. Existing customers

Existing customers come to our website and follow a link to an external website were they use the services they have purchased.

I would like to exclude all traffic associated with visitors who follow this link (button).

Is there any way to do this?

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Ali,

If you capture the specific link click in Adobe Analytics you can create a Visitor Level segment that excludes visitors that clicked on the specific link. See the example screen shot below. Make sure to click on Options > Exclude in the Segment Definitions. Also, in my example prop1 "link_tracking" is the variable used to capture link clicks.

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Ali,

If you capture the specific link click in Adobe Analytics you can create a Visitor Level segment that excludes visitors that clicked on the specific link. See the example screen shot below. Make sure to click on Options > Exclude in the Segment Definitions. Also, in my example prop1 "link_tracking" is the variable used to capture link clicks.

Best,

Ryan Praskievicz

@ryanpraski

Level 5

Hi Ryan, thanks for replying.

Ultimately I would like to be able to permanently enable a segment like the one you mentioned for all users - so they wouldn't have to remember to enable it - but this doesn't seem to be possible.

Ali

Level 6

This used to be possible using the ASI feature.  You should ask Adobe if there is a way to still use that feature.  If so, it would look like a new report suite to your users...

Level 10

Hi,

ASI feature no longer process in the Analytics version 15, native segmentation is available in all reports as an option instead.

Thanks!