Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

File download reports

Level 2

We have just started using the analytics.  In my file download report i am not see files names.  It just shows as 'Download' and  Instances.  How can i see file names there?

I have following  in my AppMeasurments.js.

s.trackDownloadLinks=true
s.trackExternalLinks=true
s.trackInlineStats=true
s.linkDownloadFileTypes="exe,zip,wav,mp3,mov,mpg,avi,wmv,pdf,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx"
s.linkInternalFilters="javascript:" 

And in my controller i have link to download the file like this 

<a href='\\#' class='link' ng-click='searchVm.downloadFile(dataItem.path, dataItem.content.metadata.format)'>${path}</a>

Am i missing something? Not sure why it is not showing file name. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Yes, there is capability for automatic file download tracking which seems to be set-up alright in your AppMeasurments.js. File downloads report stores the path of the file and it's being determined dynamically in your code. Hence, I believe we'll need to write some custom logic to streamline file downloads tracking.

On an another note, use packet analyzers for file downloads tracking validation- https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/downloads_validate.html

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Hello,

Can you pls. share the debugger screenshot showing which Adobe Analytics variables are getting set on file download activity?

This would help to find out the solution...

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.

Level 2

Attached is the debugger screenshot.  I am not seeing anything related to download, maybe that is the issue.   Adobe analytics tracks download automatically we don't need to specify any specific settings in download button right? 

Correct answer by
Level 5

Yes, there is capability for automatic file download tracking which seems to be set-up alright in your AppMeasurments.js. File downloads report stores the path of the file and it's being determined dynamically in your code. Hence, I believe we'll need to write some custom logic to streamline file downloads tracking.

On an another note, use packet analyzers for file downloads tracking validation- https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/downloads_validate.html

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar.