Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data Warehouse API returning inflated data

Level 2

As of Saturday, any request made using the Data Warehouse API's Report.Queue has been returning considerably more data (roughly 10x more rows), inflating numbers when selecting more than 3 dimensions. When duplicating the report inside of Data Warehouse and setting the target to "email", the numbers return to normal, however, any request made using the API returns significantly more data.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@chrisalvarespmg  Can you provide more details, like what request you are making from data warehouse API and response you are getting that will help us in debugging the issue. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@chrisalvarespmg  Can you provide more details, like what request you are making from data warehouse API and response you are getting that will help us in debugging the issue. 

Employee Advisor
@chrisalvarespmg A hotfix is in place, we should have it in place tomorrow or Monday next week, will keep you posted.

Level 2
Thank you @Ankit_Sharma_, please keep me posted as we will need to switch our systems back to pulling multiple pages when this is implemented.

Employee Advisor
@chrisalvarespmg This issue is fixed and went live yesterday, please try re-running your report.

Level 2

Here is the request: 

Report.Queue: 

"reportDescription": {

"reportSuiteID": "<redacted>",

"dateFrom": "2020-09-08",

"dateTo": "2020-09-13",

"dateGranularity": "day",

"metrics": [{

"id": "revenue"

},

{

"id": "visits"

},

{

"id": "orders"

},

{

"id": "allvisitors"

}],

"elements": [

{

"id": "mobiledevicetype",

"everythingElse": true

},

{

"id": "evar1",

},

{

"id": "referringdomain",

},

{

"id": "trackingcode",

},

{

"id": "visitnumber",

}],

"locale": "en_US",

"currentData": true,

"source": "warehouse",

"elementDataEncoding": "utf8"

}

}

Report.Get 
{
     "reportId": "<redacted>"
     "format": "csv",
     "page": 1 //1,2,3,4,5,6,7, etc
}

Employee Advisor
need some more clarity and required further troubleshooting, do you have access to customercare or if you can share you email address we can get support ticket created for you.

Level 2
@Ankit_Sharma_ sent you a DM, but in case it didn't go through, my email is chris.alvares@pmg.com

Employee Advisor
This turned out to be an known issue, it seems the data is getting duplicated from page 3,4 onward and sending the copy of entire file. I'll update you once this is fix.

Level 1
@Ankit_Sharma_ that is great news. Is there an ETA for a fix? We need to know if we should implement a temp solution where we just read page 3 instead of paginate through the list if that is actually the issue.

Employee Advisor

@pmgp52464762 unfortunately I don't think there is a fix, This is being work upon, will update this thread as soon as fix is in place.

Employee Advisor

Can you try without currentData? May be that is causing the issue.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?