Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with measuring scroll depth plug in

Level 1

Hi

I am new to analytics in general and I have been tasked with finding how many users are scrolling to the bottom of a product listing page and are then clicking the LOAD MORE button

After searching I found the following article 

Adobe plug-in: getPercentPageViewed 

Our account manager has installed this.

Am i right in thinking i should be able to see the following under Metrics? (highlighted section in image below)

window._ppvPreviousPage

window._ppvInitialPercentViewed

window._ppvHighestPercentViewed

window._ppvFinalPercentViewed

window._ppvHighestPixelsSeen

window._ppvFoldsAvailable

window._ppvFoldsSeen

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 11.27.11.png

2 Replies

Level 3

You will have to map these variables to eVars to see dimension data in reports. Please refer to this documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpercentpageviewed.h... for implementation instructions.

Community Advisor

This ^

window._ppvPreviousPage

window._ppvInitialPercentViewed

window._ppvHighestPercentViewed

window._ppvFinalPercentViewed

window._ppvHighestPixelsSeen

window._ppvFoldsAvailable

window._ppvFoldsSeen

Are all the calls to return the cookies that are storing the values from the previous page, but you have to determine which dimensions should store the values.

From the documentation:

if(s.pageName) getPercentPageViewed();
if(_ppvPreviousPage)
{
  s.prop1 = _ppvPreviousPage;
  s.prop2 = "initialPercent=" + _ppvInitialPercentViewed + " | highestPercent=" + _ppvHighestPercentViewed + " | finalPercent=" + _ppvFinalPercentViewed + " | foldsAvailable=" + _ppvFoldsAvailable + " | foldsSeen=" + _ppvFoldsSeen;
}

Basically this is sending the "Previous Page Name" to prop1, and a concatenation of the various percentages into prop2.

Presumably, prop2 would then use Classification rules to process each individual value into its own classification.