Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data not showing up on the dashboard when using 1.4 Data insertion API.

Level 1

If I receive a success response from the 1.4 data insertion API using the right tracking server; does anyone know where in the Analytics platform/admin console can I find if the data is reaching the report ID that I'm using in my requests?

All my http requests are returning this message from the 1.4 data insertion API:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<status>SUCCESS</status>

and according to the docs, this is a successful response: https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/blob/master/docs/data-insertion-api/reference/r_post...

but all the data that I've been sending is not showing up on the analytics report that I'm using and I can't find anything on the admin console to let me see if the data is getting there and/or why is not showing up.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@cplata-xd  You should be able to see the reporting itself in Adobe Analytics. Create a workspace project where you put the specific date when you have sent the data.

If in case you have sent the data for specific eVars, events. You can check whether data for these eVars and events are populating.

If the data is still not reflecting even when the data insertion ingestion is successful, one of the reasons is the time stamp configuration of the report suite,

the report suite needs to be enabled for timestamps, otherwise, the hits can be excluded while processing

You can find timestamp settings at Analytics > Admin > Report Suites > General > Timestamp Configuration.

You can check the data feeds to see if the hits are getting excluded, check for the column exclude_hit, any value apart from zero in this column, the hit is excluded

Hope this helps

Let me know if you have more questions 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@cplata-xd  You should be able to see the reporting itself in Adobe Analytics. Create a workspace project where you put the specific date when you have sent the data.

If in case you have sent the data for specific eVars, events. You can check whether data for these eVars and events are populating.

If the data is still not reflecting even when the data insertion ingestion is successful, one of the reasons is the time stamp configuration of the report suite,

the report suite needs to be enabled for timestamps, otherwise, the hits can be excluded while processing

You can find timestamp settings at Analytics > Admin > Report Suites > General > Timestamp Configuration.

You can check the data feeds to see if the hits are getting excluded, check for the column exclude_hit, any value apart from zero in this column, the hit is excluded

Hope this helps

Let me know if you have more questions 

Level 1

Thank you VaniBhemarasetty,

Do you know if the access to this configuration: "

You can find timestamp settings at Analytics > Admin > Report Suites > General > Timestamp Configuration." is based on your license type?

Our company's license is Premium (see image):

cplataxd_0-1668446649242.png

and I'm not able to see the timestamp configuration option in any of my reports.

Thanks again for the help.