Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Custom Link/Download Link Event Tracking

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

Below you can find the issue that I am facing. Basically when I click on a custom button to download a pdf, randomly during the first one or two Analytics call I have the value Download Link = undefined and after I have Custom Link with the value that I want to track. I think that I am tracking the first Analytics server call. Do you have some suggestion how to fix this issue? And what is the difference between Download Link and Custom Link?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

When we try to download a file, the AA will automatically track the respective file if the s.trackDownloadLinks= true is configured. you can configure this in launch either "configure tracker using custom code" or Link Tracking

If you want to track downloads without using the OOTB then you can disable below configurations, but you need to handle same in your custom event which you call when you click on download button

s.trackDownloadLinks= true;
s.linkDownloadFileTypes= 'exe,zip,wav,mp3,mov,mpg,avi,wmv,doc,pdf,xls';

rajas66269496_0-1594122553539.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You have enabled automatic download link tracking and maybe have s.tl with custom link as type.

Check this:

https://docs.adobe.com/help/en/analytics/implementation/other/dtm/analytics-tool/link-tracking.html

https://docs.adobe.com/help/en/analytics/implementation/vars/config-vars/trackdownloadlinks.html

For download link undefined maybe you cal s.tl with type download but your button does not have a link 

Correct answer by
Level 8

When we try to download a file, the AA will automatically track the respective file if the s.trackDownloadLinks= true is configured. you can configure this in launch either "configure tracker using custom code" or Link Tracking

If you want to track downloads without using the OOTB then you can disable below configurations, but you need to handle same in your custom event which you call when you click on download button

s.trackDownloadLinks= true;
s.linkDownloadFileTypes= 'exe,zip,wav,mp3,mov,mpg,avi,wmv,doc,pdf,xls';

rajas66269496_0-1594122553539.png

Community Advisor

hello rajas66269496,

Do you mean to add the code here 

1982luca_0-1594607899514.png

Thanks

Community Advisor
hello rajas66269496, do you mean to add this code here

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?