Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Cross sell analysis - on pages?

Level 2

I viewed the video on cross see analysis for products: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8FUAVrBAdU

Is it possible to do something similar to see when people viewed one page type, whether they also viewed another page type? I tried to do this in a free form table by adding the page type dimension to rows, using the metric page views. I then added page types I wanted to see the cross activity for to the segment section above. Instead of getting what is shown in the video, I just get the metric for the specific page I highlight in the segment area. The corresponding page is the only one that appears in the row, unlike the video where multiple products appear in the rows.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In order to perform a cross-tab analysis on other daqta points like page name/type etc you would create two segments:
1. Set to a hit level view of the data points you are interested in (ie. page type = archive).

2. The same segment as above but set to a visitor level (see examples below)

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 08.16.48.pngScreenshot 2021-09-21 at 08.16.35.pngScreenshot 2021-09-21 at 08.16.16.png

You can obviously be as creative as you want in setting up the segments and the likes as long as you have a traffic and visitor segment for row and column (for the filter on your metric).

Additional steps to get the % to show correctly as well would be to:

- Change column totals to 'Show as grand total'

- Hide the numbers

- Set conditional formatting to on

This helps visualise the data better.

This has worked for all data points I have tested so far.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

@jelleno11 You will be able to see multiple products or multiple product related dimensions at a time , that is because , we are passing the values of products in the product string

For example, if two products are purchased in the same order, your product string would be 

s.products = "Example category 1;Example product 1;1;3.50,Example category 2;Example product 2;1;5.99";

where both the products are passed in the same hit.

However, for pages, at a time there is only one page value in the hit 

In the same example where multiple products order triggers, your page name would be something like

s.pageName = Thankyoupage .

One value in one hit everytime 

That is the reason, you are not able to get multiple values of pages when you are trying to see cross - pages types, similar to cross sell analysis

Hope this explains

Community Advisor

Dear jelleno11,

Completely agree with Vani_Bhemarasetty_Adobe. So if thats the case, how do we understand the people viewed one page type, whether they also viewed another page type?

Below is how.

1. Take the dimension PageName or PageType.

2. Rather than drag and drop the dimensions directly, now create a Visitor Segment based on the dimensions to use it as a dropdown (Screengrab below).

PratheepArunRaj_0-1632152855102.png

Yes, now you can get the answer you need. You can narrow the dimension to 'VISIT' to understand the different Page Names even within the visit.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics 

Level 2

Thank you for the reply, Pratheep. I am not getting it to work. I created a segment for each site core page id that I would like to reference. I made that a segment filter. I added page name as a row. Here's what I get:

jelleno11_0-1632190615650.png

Thoughts?

Thank you!!

Correct answer by
Level 2

In order to perform a cross-tab analysis on other daqta points like page name/type etc you would create two segments:
1. Set to a hit level view of the data points you are interested in (ie. page type = archive).

2. The same segment as above but set to a visitor level (see examples below)

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 08.16.48.pngScreenshot 2021-09-21 at 08.16.35.pngScreenshot 2021-09-21 at 08.16.16.png

You can obviously be as creative as you want in setting up the segments and the likes as long as you have a traffic and visitor segment for row and column (for the filter on your metric).

Additional steps to get the % to show correctly as well would be to:

- Change column totals to 'Show as grand total'

- Hide the numbers

- Set conditional formatting to on

This helps visualise the data better.

This has worked for all data points I have tested so far.

Hope this helps.

Level 2

One final question - would you ever use the metric Visits instead of Unique Visitors? What would each share in terms of insights?

Thanks again!

Level 2

what would be the difference in crossing:

unique visitors to hits

visits to hits

I want to know which pages were viewed in the same visit. Would you therefore to visits to hits or is unique visitors to hits correct?