Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Cross domain tracking: Setup Marketing Cloud ID (MID) from URL

Level 1

Hi community,

I have an scenerio where we move from one site to another site (different domain) for login and then come back to original site.

Because of that, we're passing Marketing Cloud ID (MID) in the url to login site, to keep cross domain tracking. Login site receives MID correctly, but now we need to set it up when the pageview is sent.

Regards, 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @OscarMartinezM ,

Not quite sure about the question. From the description, the MID on the original site is successfully passed to the login site via the adobe_mc URL parameter, any tracking happening on the login site for that particular traffic should be with that MID.

When you say "need to set it up when the pageview is sent", is that on the original site or the login site? And if you have overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID set to true on the login site?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @OscarMartinezM ,

Not quite sure about the question. From the description, the MID on the original site is successfully passed to the login site via the adobe_mc URL parameter, any tracking happening on the login site for that particular traffic should be with that MID.

When you say "need to set it up when the pageview is sent", is that on the original site or the login site? And if you have overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID set to true on the login site?

Community Advisor

@OscarMartinezM when you say you are passing the Marketing Cloud MID to the other site, you are using the standard Adobe plugin for this right? Not your own custom solution?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/appendvisitorid.html...

Level 1

Hi Jennifer, Leo. Thanks for your answer. I was missing this setting when instancing the visitor, it solved the issue:

overwriteCrossDomainMCIDAndAID: true

Thanks!