Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Counting custom link hits per visit

Level 1

Hey there,

I've been trying to calculate the number of times that a specific custom link was hit during a visit, using the segment builder. 

I'm not sure if what I've defined is the most accurate way of doing it. Does anyone have an opinion? 

i.e : two filter criteria were selected during a visit:

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 8.32.10 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Shabnam-Azimi 

as @nilotpal pointed out your segment shows two custom link clicks of which only one matches a certain string. 

If you want both custom links to be the same, I would go for a sequential solution where you use "then" without any restrictions. The segement in the screenshot would show Visits where the custom link "filter selected" was used at least twice. In this definition there can be multiple interactions happen between those two custom link clicks.

Custom Link Exits.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi @Shabnam-Azimi ,

The segment that you have created will give you data for visits in which-

1. only two different/unique custom links are present in that visit.
  2. AND any one of the two distinct custom link contains 'filter selected'. 

Employee

Hi @Shabnam-Azimi ! "Custom Link Instances" metric is useful for this case I think!
Would you please consider make segment like below?

Of course, Custom Link should insert that you want.

Seunghyun_Choi_0-1644811921230.png

It will catch the Visitor who some custom link hit only 2 while one visit.

Thank you!

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Shabnam-Azimi 

as @nilotpal pointed out your segment shows two custom link clicks of which only one matches a certain string. 

If you want both custom links to be the same, I would go for a sequential solution where you use "then" without any restrictions. The segement in the screenshot would show Visits where the custom link "filter selected" was used at least twice. In this definition there can be multiple interactions happen between those two custom link clicks.

Custom Link Exits.png

Hi @Uwe_Moeller-Goebel Thanks! Sequential segmentation makes total sense.

I figured if I use sequential segmentation, then I need to build a separate segments for each filter selected number.

What I did in the end, was to make only one segment: custom link contains all of : filter selected. 

And then I used a Histogram visualisation to put them into buckets automatically.Screenshot 2022-02-17 at 11.12 copy.jpg