Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SOLVED

China and e-commerce tracking - how manage with chinese payment gateway?

Level 9

Hi,

many payment gateway in China do not redirect to the confirmation order page of the e-shop. I'm wondering how chinese ecommerce usually do tracking of these conversions.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jarno,

How do you get confirmation on your end that payment was received, and how are they identified? If we're able to figure that out, we should be able to tie that data back to the user's browsing session.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi Brian,

really thank you for your hint, but offline data is available only for visitors based reports and ad-hoc analysis I suppose. It's really strange hearing that no one faced on this issue in China, or on other side, that no payment gateways spent a word on analytics integration. I found out that only 0.5% of ecommerce websites uses Sitecatalyst in China and that's probably the reason of this lack.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jarno,

How do you get confirmation on your end that payment was received, and how are they identified? If we're able to figure that out, we should be able to tie that data back to the user's browsing session.