Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Campaign Tracking Code

Level 2

I have set up the campaign tracking codes classification on our production report suite. One of our advertising agencies suffix their UTM parameters to our code before sending out ads. The RegEx I have used is ^(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)\_(.+)$ 

Some of our reports are now capturing our tracking code suffixed with ?utm_content and this is breaking my classification reporting due to the underscore. Could anyone please help me figure out a workaround for this? Is there a way we can omit the utm_content from getting captured?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sharanya,

What is the configuration to capture Tracking Code (s.campaign). Is it based on UTM_Source? Or UTM_Source + UTM_Content combined. It is nothing to do with your Classification or with your Media Agency. You would need to configure s.campaign in a way to capture whatever required. If you need personal assistance, reach out my mail box.

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

If their parameters come after yours, they should be prefaced with & not ?

Talk to your agency.

Level 3
Hi, this hasn't helped. We tried that. The 1st and 2nd values are being captured together for some reason and its throwing everything out of order. Is there anything we can do with the regex to perhaps deal with exceptions? Or should make changes to the tracking code ourselves? Our tracking codes will either have a utm appended, or not so its scenario based.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sharanya,

What is the configuration to capture Tracking Code (s.campaign). Is it based on UTM_Source? Or UTM_Source + UTM_Content combined. It is nothing to do with your Classification or with your Media Agency. You would need to configure s.campaign in a way to capture whatever required. If you need personal assistance, reach out my mail box.

Thank You, Arun.