Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Campaign clicks are not matching with adobe visits

Level 2

Hello,

When ever i am traying evaluate campaign performance ( Marketo, Google Ads, Social media Ads) the clicks which are showing in advertising platform and adobe metrics are not matching this making a bottle b/w analytics team and campaign team what will be the reason) how can we overcome this issue kindly let me know your thoughts

Example:

• let's marketo .email campaign have 80 Clicks in advertising platform where as adobe will give 30 visits and 45 instances
  • Google ads if 1000Clicks means adobe is showing 300Vists and 450 Instances. what will be reason for it

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This happened to my dashboards multiple times as well. One common reason is the Cookie Policy especially in countries like EU or adapts the GDPR. 

Despite the difference, you can still be confident with your data on Adobe Analytics since the sample size is sufficient.

For reporting purposes, I usually use the native platform’s report. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It's entirely possible that users are:

• cancelling their open before Adobe tracking is called (while the page is loading)
  • You have a large number of users who are blocking web analytics / opted-out of tracking then those values could be getting lost.
  • Visits and Instances could be different because Adobe has a 30 minute visit timeout, meaning that a user could have clicked the link multiple times to come to the website within that 30 minutes, and the Visit will not recount... but the instance will.... also, I'm assuming that in Adobe you are tracking via utm or cid campagins, if the user clicked to another page of your site, then hit back (to the entry page), those campaigns are probably tracking again (unless you built in some fancy code to prevent that)

Those differences do seem a bit suspect thought... that's a pretty large extreme... you might also want to do some double checking that your campaigns are all being properly processed each time....  

Level 2

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan 

thanks for your response ,

i agree , but is there way to show how many people canceled there open and how many people stopped analytics those statics

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This happened to my dashboards multiple times as well. One common reason is the Cookie Policy especially in countries like EU or adapts the GDPR. 

Despite the difference, you can still be confident with your data on Adobe Analytics since the sample size is sufficient.

For reporting purposes, I usually use the native platform’s report.