Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Browsers are "(unknown version)" since the latest rounds of browser updates?

Level 2

I've checked in several different company logins, and they're all showing "(unknown version)" in the Browsers Report for what I assume are the latest releases of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Assuming that report requires some sort of backend mapping of user-agent strings to simplified browser/versions view, it looks like that process might have broken. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I've searched the forums and haven't found mention of it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Whenever a new version of a web browser is released, lookup tables on Adobe Analytics' end must be accommodated. These lookup table updates usually happen during the maintenance release after the browser update.

For more information, see this KB article: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/browser-unknown-version.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Whenever a new version of a web browser is released, lookup tables on Adobe Analytics' end must be accommodated. These lookup table updates usually happen during the maintenance release after the browser update.

For more information, see this KB article: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/browser-unknown-version.html

Level 4

Hi Gigazelle,

This page ranks very high for Adobe Analytics Unknown Browser, but the link to the Adobe Knowledge Base article is broken.

Can you please provide an updated link. I have not been able to find it myself.

Level 5

Hi

I recommend you to raise a tickets in client care.

Regards

Devinder

Level 3

I don't consider this answer to be "solving" or even answering the question.  Maybe gilliganondata should have asked "when are you going to update your lookups so that we don't see these any more?"