Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Analytics data not coming up

Community Advisor

I have configured a new property in Launch for our new subdomain. The Adobe Launch Code is already placed on web pages, however, I can not see any data coming in the report suite. Any possible reason?

I have been assuming once the launch code is put on web pages then the web pages should get synced up automatically into adobe report suite for general user metrics like unique visitors, page views, visits, marketing channels, activity map, etc. We don't need to create any page load rules until required. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@JyotiSharmaV,

Using launch as tag manager it is mandatory to configure a rule firing a Beacon. It is not necessary to configure variables in that rule but Send Beacon action is mandatory so that a server call can be fired with default variables. No server call means no data in Analytics. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

@JyotiSharmaV In order to send data to report suite in Analytics you need to send either a page view call or a custom link call based on the rules you will mention in the library then only the metrices will have values. Without sending a page view call (s.t) a pageview metirc won't increase.

Correct answer by
Employee

@JyotiSharmaV,

Using launch as tag manager it is mandatory to configure a rule firing a Beacon. It is not necessary to configure variables in that rule but Send Beacon action is mandatory so that a server call can be fired with default variables. No server call means no data in Analytics. 

Community Advisor

@vibhatna I configured a page load rule (DOM ready) and set "Send Beacon" to s.t() however in the debugger I just see adobe call happening for the home page not after that untill I dont referesh the page.

jsvasu_0-1624385445051.png

Looks like  In my case URL is changing but the whole page is not getting refreshed.. only the content below while navigating on pages is getting refreshed. How to track that & send adobe hits?

Employee

@JyotiSharmaV ,

You can create a Direct call rule to track events when the entire page is not getting refreshed. The Direct Call Rule is a way to force a rule to fire.

vibhatna_0-1624388924374.png

The rule will trigger when the following code is executed:
_satellite.track(‘foo’);

Community Advisor

@vibhatnaI also found the same support solution https://helpx.adobe.com/dtm/kb/How_to_use_DTM_for_Single_Page_Apps.html However I am not sure about one thing. Like if we create a direct call rule then we have to map an event to trigger when this direct call success will happen but would I be able to track the general user metrics like Unique visitor, page views, activity map, marketing channels etc?

What if I just configure the event as DCR rule and send a beacon & no variable is set. Then also adobe hit will get displayed in the debugger?

Community Advisor

@vibhatna we have tried implementing the History Change event type to trigger for our usecase. 

jsvasu_0-1624399866027.png

The thing we have found is In adobe debugger the adobe server call is happening but it does not look correct to me because Page URL is remaining the same on each click from where I started navigating on other pages. However, pages are seeing updating in Page/Frame URL.I think the activity map page is not correct here. What does Page/Frame URL tell us?  

jsvasu_1-1624400256567.png

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?