Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Stuck in a loop when trying to log in

Level 2

When trying to log in to the Experience Cloud Analytics from the old Omniture page, the browser get's stuck in a loop. I tried turning off my ad blocker and trying it on other browsers.

Screen capture - 9e27341387d77b24edea2046d48a2b7c - Gyazo

10 Replies

Employee

Hello,

Can you try purging your cookies and cache data for any domain with Adobe.com?  Then try logging in again with your Adobe ID.

Thanks,

Andrew

Level 2

I cleared all of my cookies and cache and still get stuck in the loop. Also tried a private/incognito window. Other people in my organization can log in to it seems to be an isolated issue with my computer.

Level 2

I got my account reset internally and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what was going on there.

Community Advisor

Can anyone explain how that was done?  Otherwise, this thread is useless.

Jeff Bloomer

Level 10

jeff_bloomer​​, I experienced the same loop while creating a new Experience Cloud account that has not been added to any organisation (when no access was assigned yet).

Level 2

I still have the problem that I come into the loop while accessing experience cloud with Firefox, and I get into the loop when accessing admin console in Chrome. Very weird behaviour, however we were not able to resolve it and I have to switch between browsers each time. Not a browser issue, as it happens on different machines. Seems to be related to my account (which is a very old one).

Level 5

This happens to users in our org. Somewhere during the login process you are prompted to choose Personal or Enterprise. If our users choose Enterprise they get stuck in this loop, so we've been telling our users to choose Personal even though its counter intuitive.

Community Advisor

Would someone please explain how they "got their account reset internally"?  I'm an admin, and I don't see anywhere where I can just "reset" someone now that we're using the Admin Console.  Aside from deleting someone and creating a new account, I don't see another option.

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

I know this is an older thread, but I did want to share some things I've learned along the way related to this issue:

• Make sure the user is NOT using any iteration of MS Internet Explorer, including Edge.  IE does not play well with Adobe Analytics, so I would highly recommend using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
  • "Resetting" someone in the Admin Console sounds different than the actual procedure.
    • When it was possible to manage users in Adobe Analytics itself, an Admin could go into User Management, reset the user's password, and then make sure an e-mail was sent to the user when the Admin saved their profile.
    • Today's process is NOT intuitive.  If you need to "RESET" a user having issues logging in or they have lost their email invitation, do the following:
      • From there, search for the user you need to reset.
      • Place a checkmark next to the user and then click the button to Remove User.
      • Confirm the user's deletion.
      • From this point, create the user again like you would a brand new user and assign them to the appropriate Product Profiles they need.
      • The user should receive a new welcome email (which will likely go to spam).
      • Unless your organization uses Federated IDs*, your user will need to set up an Adobe ID with a login ID that matches the email address you used to create their account.
      • If the user still encounters the looping issue, I would then recommend submitting a ticket to Customer Care and coordinate with your organizations technical support group if necessary.

*For Federated IDs (Enterprise Login), I recommend working with your CSM/TAM/Adobe Consultant to ensure proper setup.

Jeff Bloomer