Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Canceled bookings or reservations

Level 1

Hi, may I kindly request anyone to suggest on my issues,

How can I track the canceled reservations or booking for a hotel website? As I can see, I couldn't see the accurate results of cancelations in the adobe report.

I am new to adobe appreciate your support if anyone could help me to overcome the challenge.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 124154.png

Regards

Anil 

2 Replies

Level 8

@morlaanil - If the cancellations are handled on the website (and not through a call center), you'll have to implement tracking that increments a "Bookings Canceled" (counter) success event and tracks the "Revenue Canceled" amount in another (currency) success event. Ideally, you'll capture the same order/booking ID that is captured when the booking is originally made. For example:

// event1 = Bookings Canceled (counter)
// event2 = Revenue Canceled (currency) - assume $100 value
// eVar1 = Booking ID - assume "123456"
// assume that any/all other relevant props, eVars, events, etc are populated on the call
s.events = "event1,event2=100";
s.eVar1 = "123456";

If the booking cancellation takes place offline (ie// through a call center), you'll likely need to look into using Data Sources and a transactionID.

Employee Advisor

@morlaanil If you are using the Adobe Launch to implement Adobe analytics, you can create rule and trigger when the CTA of the cancellation is clicked and when this is clicked you can capture data points like revenue, item cancelled, all of these in data elements and assign it to evars and send it adobe analytics

Here is the reference for how to create a rule and data element in adobe launch

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/ui/rules.html?lang=en

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/platform-learn/implement-in-websites/configure-tags/add-data...