Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Workfront New issue creation "Status" drop down field Status field

Level 2

Does anyone know how to change the order of the Statuses in the Status Drop Down field on a new request? By default, Submitted in the first status in the list. We want to make that a different status.

I have attached an image to this post. We have already rearranged the statuses in setup under Preferences, Statuses, System StatusStatus Drop Down List.png but that had no affect on the drop down list.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, that's the correct way to order the statuses... kind of. You would just want to make sure that the group that the project is set to is the group you select to set the order on, in the Setup area.

e.g. if the project containing the request is set to the Marketing groupID you should change the order of the statuses on the Marketing group rather than the System.

Potentially if you remove the groupID from the project, the system statuses and their order might then come into play, but I really recommend against that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, that's the correct way to order the statuses... kind of. You would just want to make sure that the group that the project is set to is the group you select to set the order on, in the Setup area.

e.g. if the project containing the request is set to the Marketing groupID you should change the order of the statuses on the Marketing group rather than the System.

Potentially if you remove the groupID from the project, the system statuses and their order might then come into play, but I really recommend against that.

Level 2

As a follow up, depending on what type of request you are targeting, you will have to select the issues tab then select for Change Request, Trouble Ticket or Request and then move your statuses into your preferred order. There are other options there but I didn't list them all.

Thanks!!