Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Removing Issues from a Team Kanban without deleting them from the original project

Level 5

Hi all,

I'm trying to remove issues from my Team Kanban, but the only option I see is to delete. When I do this, the issue from the original project actually deletes as well. Is there a way of simply removing issues from the Kanban without this happening please?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Got it. It sounds like your Board is set to dynamically filter in certain issues so when added to a project, they pull into your Board. You can remove an issue from the Board without deleting the issue itself by clicking the 3 dots on the card/issue in the Board > Disconnect

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1683643867380.png

This will disconnect the card/unlink it from the issue. Then click the 3 dots again and click Delete.

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1683644008159.png

All this does is delete it from the Board, it does not delete the issue itself.

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, just to clarify - are you referring to a connected issue in a Board where you want to disconnect/remove the card from the Board or are you referring to removing an issue from a sprint/iteration view (the original, not the new Boards) without deleting the issue itself? 

Level 5

Hi Madalyn, I'm using a Team Kanban, and I have a few issues that I've added directly from the Issue area of a Project. I would like to remove them now from showing on the Kanban without flagging them as complete or deleting them as so far the actual issue in the project disappears. The issues are still valid, but just not required on the kanban.

Thanks

Matt

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Got it. It sounds like your Board is set to dynamically filter in certain issues so when added to a project, they pull into your Board. You can remove an issue from the Board without deleting the issue itself by clicking the 3 dots on the card/issue in the Board > Disconnect

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1683643867380.png

This will disconnect the card/unlink it from the issue. Then click the 3 dots again and click Delete.

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1683644008159.png

All this does is delete it from the Board, it does not delete the issue itself.

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 5

Thanks again Madalyn, I only see the option to delete when I select the 3 dots so that must be a sharing issue with my user. I'll look into that then I should be able to do as you suggest.

Take care

Matt

Level 5

Hi again, I've looked into this further and wonder if the advice you gave was for Boards rather than Team Board? I'm using the later, and maybe that's why I still can't see the disconnect option. Most of the online help seems to be on Boards and not Team boards, so I'm struggling to use it. I went with Team board as I like the option for my issues from my backlog to automatically move into the new column, but that doesn't seem to work either. . Below is my screenshot of only having the "Delete" option via the 3 dot menu on the card. Can this be fixed?

MattWindsor_0-1683646481862.png

Community Advisor

Hi there, yes I was referring to the relatively new Boards, which is what will be the new Agile method that replaces the current features for Agile teams like you have in your screenshot (able to use it now, but the current features aren't deprecated at this point so don't worry). If you delete from there, yes it'll delete the Issue I believe. With the new Boards, you can configure it to pull in your backlog as available cards and call also configure cards/issues to automatically move to a specified column based on status. More on this here! 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/agile/agile-planning-boards/add-intake-colum... 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/agile/agile-planning-boards/configure-backlo...

Level 5

Thanks for this, I looked at the new boards, and it did much of what I wanted, but I really didn't like the way the backlog viewed. I find the list of backlog items easier to view instead of the big cards. It's harder to work out the priorities as you have to keep scrolling up and down to see what's there to compare.

Anyway, sounds like the new boards is the future, so I'll set one up and go from there.

Thanks for everything, you're great!

Matt

Community Advisor

Happy to help. I can get that, it's not a tight list once they're pulled into columns. The size of your cards can adjust somewhat based on how much info you're choosing to show. If you click Configure on your Board on the right side, there's an area for Cards for you to select what info is present in a card - some of this shows without clicking into it, some doesn't.