Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Workfront Back Up

Level 3
Does everyone have a back up location where documents are saved? We currently save our documents in a shared drive, but wondering what other folks are doing. I am struggling to have our PMs upload docs in 2 places with some projects having multiple documents and multiple versions of those documents. Any thoughts? Ashley Thomas
4 Replies

Level 7
By nature of them being on Workfront in the AWS cloud they're backed up in a sense. We do not take additional steps to backup these documents and they're probably not our only copy of the assets, we most likely have a local copy. Richard Carlson

Level 10
We save our documents in so many duplicate places it should be illegal ��

Level 7
Hi Ashley, Richard hit the nail on the head here. Our documents used to be hosted on our local hosting servers, which we had 3 data centers for, across the U.S. (West coast, East cost, Utah.) However, a few years back we switched to AWS for document storage. Nowadays documents are all hosted on AWS, and we have multiple locations (West coast.. mid-West) so the data is always backed up and in the event of a disaster, can be recovered quickly. I.... probably went a bit more in-depth than I am supposed to, but I wanted to make sure you (and everyone else) is aware that we take data seriously, and strive to ensure the best possible customer experience... even in the face of disaster. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 9
My teams are still too committed to server storage. One team even had WF scope out a customization so that we could put working server links in WF. Someday I'll convince them that they can free themselves from data-hogging VPN solutions and to trust in WF... Anthony Pernice