Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Adoption: Minimum Amount of Tasks per Project?

Level 10
Hello. Wanted to get some feedback about Workfront implementation and if you have any rules to the minimum amount of tasks to a project. We've had great success with interest and groups using the tool, but I am noticing many projects have only 1 or 2 tasks. Have any of you experienced the same thing? I'm contemplating on discussing one of two options: utilize Ad Hoc tasks or recommend creating a miscellaneous project folder for tasks but would like feedback on others experiences. Thank you.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Susan, In our methodology we've agreed on two kinds of projects - Lite and Full. Both of them got agreed tasks according process and methodology we follow. We've created two templates which gets attached to every new created project in dependency on if it's Lite or Full. We're making sure as well none of task is deleted while project life.

Level 8
Historically when a client, we allowed in-flight projects to a point to have one task per role, but all new projects to have a full project plan. While it's nice to ease in, I'd be wary about setting up bad habits/practices as 'standard'. If you're offering templates as well, there shouldn't be too much push back from PM's about having to have a schedule.