Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What status code do I use for pulling "In Progress - Pending Approval" tasks in a report?

Level 6

I'm working on a milestone report showing which Gates are Not started, In progress, and Complete.  I have that working, but I noticed tasks that are "In Progress - Pending Approval" don't pull the way "In Progress" tasks do. 

I looked around Experience League and tried adding an additional IF statement that looks for the status "INP:A", but that broke my entire column.  Does anyone have ideas?  

(The built in Milestone report doesn't meet our needs.)

Original, working column:  

displayname=Gate 1 Status
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="CPL","Complete",IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="INP","In progress",IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="NEW","Not started")))
valueformat=val

Attempt that led to a blank column:  

textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="CPL","Complete",IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="INP","In progress",IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="INP:A","Approval requested",IF(IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),{status})="NEW","Not started")))
valueformat=val

Partial screenshot of report

ChloeWY_0-1687357210512.png

Thank you!  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Chloe,

You're right, "INP:A" is the right status to use for "In Progress - Pending Approval". However the syntax of your IF statement is not quite right. Try the following instead:

textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),IF({status}="CPL","Complete",IF({status}="INP","In progress",IF({status}="INP:A","Approval requested",IF({status}="NEW","Not started")))))
valueformat=val

Let me know if that works.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I think you just need to add ":A" after the status. I know that "NEW:A" is New and waiting for approval.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Chloe,

You're right, "INP:A" is the right status to use for "In Progress - Pending Approval". However the syntax of your IF statement is not quite right. Try the following instead:

textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Gate 1 Approval",{name}),IF({status}="CPL","Complete",IF({status}="INP","In progress",IF({status}="INP:A","Approval requested",IF({status}="NEW","Not started")))))
valueformat=val

Let me know if that works.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 10

Thanks Richard, I didn't even look at the IF statement.