Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What field(s) do you use in a task or issue View to show the last update? I've used both "Last Note" and "Condition Update" but each has their limitations that I'm looking for some advice on what works best

Level 2

If I use Last Note, it gives me the latest update available on the project, but I also like to include Last Update Date and Last Updated By so that means now I have 3 fields which takes up space (trying to limit the amount of fields in a view to the absolute need items). If I use Condition Update, it only shows those updates based on who's assigned and gives me one field with date, person, the update, and the visual condition indicator, but doesn't necessarily match the "last update" as above and has a limitation on assignment.

I'm also trying to make the argument of using the Open Summary button if one wants to see the last update on a task or issue so that I don't have to worry about it from a View but on reports I need to find the best way to bring that in. Any advice or ways to approach this would be great and is very appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tim,

One space saving idea is to concatenate the Last Note Entry Date, Last Note Owner and Last Note; and if you're feeling creative, consider installing The Scoop, which includes a dashboard that graphically shows what's been going on over the past few hours and days, with (flipping to the details) such concatenated notes color coded to show how old they are (recent hot pink to older cool blue).

Regards,

Doug

What's The Scoop? When I click on that link, it just goes to the Workfront Community. I'm intrigued to know since it might help me as well. 

Hi @ElysiaYu,

Looks like the link to The Scoop (above) didn't survive the donor transplant from one.workfront.com to experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com, so I've just updated it manually above and invite you to try it again.

Regards,

Doug 

Level 4

Thank you for updating the link! This is very helpful. 

Level 4

What's the 'Open Summary' button? Where can that be found?