Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What are creative, visual ways to show milestone data within projects?

Level 4

We just launched a new product and had about 500 marketing projects to support the launch. We want to now start looking at metrics, such as time between project entry and our milestone completion dates, such as production, content publishing, localization, etc. I can create variances quite easily using text mode, but not sure how to further bring it to life visually. Is this possible within Workfront itself, or will I need to wait until the new reporting updates are released to see if that addresses this need?

We currently don't have budget for new tools to help visualize data, so I'm trying to use WF functionality as much as possible. My other thought is to bring it into Excel/PPT to create charts.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi - once you start changing groupings with text mode, you can't use charts or matrix groupings.

We've done your idea about creating pivot tables and charts in Excel with Workfront data. You just setup all the columns in Workfront and then when it is in Export (either you export manually or if it is auto-delivered to someone), you just paste it in the data table. Then you just refresh the pivot table or chart and the data updates.