Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Weird glitch: Adding a document to project folder automatically converts it to a Proof

Level 6
Not sure when this started happening, but when I do "Add New>Document" and select a file to add, WF is automatically converting it to a Proof with no workflow. Not ideal, as I don't want to have my backup data converted as a proof. Going to "More>New Version>Document Only" allows me to over-write the document, but this seems like a weird hassle. Anyways, just seeing if I'm alone in this issue. Ryan McGee
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
In your "My Settings", under Preferences, check to see if the following is checked off. If it is, then uncheck it. This will stop your documents automatically being converted to proofs when uploading. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Community Advisor
I think that's normal behavior. You can certainly circumvent it as a system admin, by editing your settings and unchecking the "automatically generate proof" box. PS: Whoops, sorry Terry, just saw your response :) -skye

Level 6
BRILLIANT thank you this was driving me nuts Ryan McGee