Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Want to socialize this much needed enhancement - vote on this innovation lab sumbission!

Community Advisor

The relatively new text field with formatting is fabulous, but the fact that we can't convert existing text fields (paragraph field in particular) is preventing me from using this field, we have a handful of key fields that are on hundreds of projects that I want to migrate to this, but can't without having to very manually bring old data to the new field to not lose the info. Please help to vote on this - https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000oO0bQAE/detail

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Just FYI I have found the new field type a nightmare to use with reporting. I would love the formatting functionality but the practicality of the existing text fields merged together.

Community Advisor

Hi Monique! Good to know, I haven't gotten rid of the text fields I want to be formatted text field instead yet, haven't found the time. In what way is it a nightmare in reporting, do you suggest I actually don't change the field? Is it not showing text correctly in reports? Would love to know more.

Community Advisor

Shows fine in the view but is not available as a field to use in filters. I will say that I haven't tried this since the new text field premiered so they could have fixed that by now.

Community Advisor

Yikes that's pretty detrimental, I'd definitely need to pull these fields as filters in reports. Thanks for the heads up!

Level 6

I haven't attempted it, but based on similar types of things I'm thinking this would be pretty easy w/ Fusion if that's an option. (search for records w/ stuff in field > read the note in field via read a record > write the note via update a record)

I'll agree with Monique, though, I've limited the rollout of the html paragraph field because it has some challenges in reports b/c the formatting doesn't display in all settings. (meaning we could have a user put a strike through on text, but it shows as plain text in some reports/views)