Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Variance between project default baseline planned completion and the actual project planned completion?

Level 3

Is there a way to do this? This is the only way I can think of to track the difference between our original planned timeline and the timeline as the project actually progresses.

I tried putting a custom field on a project custom form for manual entry of the original date and then trying a calculated field with date diff between that date and the project planned completion, but it wouldn't work.

Any ideas are helpful! Thanks,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Allison,

You will be able to achieve this with a baseline report. Using the following text mode in one of your columns will return the date difference in weekdays between the Project planned completion date and the Baseline planned completion.

displayname=Planned Comp Variance

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT(WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{project}.{plannedCompletionDate})," Days")

valueformat=HTML

You will probably also want to apply a filter to your baseline report for Baseline>>Is Default = True, otherwise the report will return all baselines associated with each project and not just the default one.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Rich.