Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

User Specific Reporting: Last update/Log-ins

Level 2
I'm creating a detailed user report for a dashboard....... Last log-in date (done!) # of log-ins (done!) # of log-ins in last 30 days (help!) Date of last system update (help!) want to know the date they last made an update in workfront, task/project/notes anything other than just logging in. # of system updates in last 30 days (help!) Any help/ideas on the items I need assistance with would be welcome!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 5
Carmen, # of log-ins in last 30 days - Not possible via reporting. The Workfront database only stores the last login date for the user. It may be possible to use the Workfront API to see what the user has *done* in the past 30 days by querying Journal Entries. This would require custom programming. Date of last system update - Not available in reporting. However, you can see every release at https://updates.workfront.com. # of system updates in last 30 days - Also available at https://updates.workfront.com/ Workfront Implementation Consultant, CapabilitySource

Level 2

Thank you for the response!

The updates I'm referring to are individual user updates not Workfront updates.

We are really pushing user adoption and one of the reports I'm trying to create for my director is a user report showing not just the last time someone logged in but the last update they made as well as how many updates they have made within a time frame.

I seem to remember seeing some pretty sophisticated reporting at LEAP showing this type of user report content.0690z000007Zkh3AAC.png

Level 5
The only way to get exactly what you're asking for is to go through all journal enteries for the past week/month and see what the user *did*. Journal Entries are Workfront's audit trail. Unfortunately, Journal entries aren't reportable. But what you can do is create a Task report and add a filter based on Journal Entries for that task. However, I'm not sure which field in Journal Entries you should filter off of. That might take some experimentation. -- Workfront Implementation Consultant, CapabilitySource

Level 10
Hi Carmen. To monitor usage and encourage adoption in an easy, transparent, and fun manner, we developed UserWatch which is an add-in Package for Workfront Administrators that provides valuable insight into which users are best adopting the Workfront system…and how they are using it. From one informative Dashboard, several reports can be easily generated, including the activity in the last 30 days you seek, as shown in this example . Regards, Doug

Level 3
Carmen - did you end up using the "UserWatch" tool or did you end up trying to build something yourself? Connie Sutherland BSC

Level 9
Hey Doug - is this video still active? Or has this tool been updated as of late? Looks pretty cool. :) Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 9
Hey Doug - is this video still active? Or has this tool been updated as of late? Looks pretty cool. :) Christina Jarosz Ascensus

Level 10
Thanks Christina, Yep! I just double-checked, and the video is active, and the UserWatch solution is available. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads