Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Use of querysort (text mode) on custom columns within project view

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I create a few custom calculated columns in a project report view. I added 'querysort=' to the text mode for each custom column, and when the column headings are clicked on once the report is run, it looks like it tried to sort the columns, but never does.

Here's an example of one of my custom calculated columns:

displayname=Update % Complete or Status?

querysort=DE:Update % Complete or Status?

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF({percentComplete}="100"&&{status}!="CPL","Check % Complete & Status","")

valueformat=string

In this example, I put "DE:" in front of the column name. I tried it without "DE:", and it still didn't work.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can sort calculated columns as the info is not in the database but calculated in the view.

You definitely can on a calculated field in the custom form as that info is in the database so it can do the sorting logic. Is that an option? (Not sure what object this is on and not sure if everyone of those objects has a custom form in your system.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can sort calculated columns as the info is not in the database but calculated in the view.

You definitely can on a calculated field in the custom form as that info is in the database so it can do the sorting logic. Is that an option? (Not sure what object this is on and not sure if everyone of those objects has a custom form in your system.)

Level 10

That's interesting, Anthony...and good to know. So no sorting on calculated columns.

A calculated field could be a possibility; I'll have to weigh the value of adding one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Level 2

I've used custom groupings in several situations where I was unable to "sort" because of the custom calculation thing. Is that an option in this case?

Level 10

I have a section at the bottom of our main project form (which is on every project) called "Admin only" where folks can see but not edit. In that section is calculated links to documents, updates and forms, etc. This way, every project has them and I can call them up in any report easily. This may work for you as well. I'm not sure if it's sort-able in a report though.