Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Updating data using kickstart

Level 3
Hi, We already have projects in workfront and am wondering if I can updated some custom fields data using kick start on a monthly basis. If we cannot, is there any other way to do it. Thank you for your help. Supriya Pandey PMP
4 Replies

Level 9
My understanding is that: 1) Kickstarts aren't updatable - it's only designed to "kick start you onto Workfront" and if reran the data is duplicated not replaced. 2) I've also found Kickstarts to be less than great in function. John Seitz ESPN

Level 10
When I need to do updates in mass I use the excel updater offered by the AtAppStore. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 10
I do believe you can do updates via Kickstart, you just need to set the qualifying field according to avoid the duplication John speaks of. But I agree with John it's a bear to work with unless you know all the fields and what needs to be entered. We used it when we first loaded Workfront in 2014, but that was with our WF Consultant doing it with us. We haven't touched it since. You mentioned "custom fields data". You can do a bulk edit on custom fields. If you create a report or filter that contains all the records you want to change, click Edit, and Custom Forms, you should be able to make changes to blocks of records at a time. Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd throw that out there. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 1
Hi Vic! Do you by any chance remember what the qualifying information is required to avoid duplication? I'm trying to do this currently and can not figure out how to avoid the duplication. Would LOVE if someone could share the steps so I can attempt that. :) Thanks so much! Allie Durham