Expand my Community achievements bar.

Apply custom form skip logic without using the interface

Level 2

We have a need to create a custom form, whose fields to be displayed  will depend on the value of a dropdown field that has a very large number of options. Which I understand is not ideal, but it's a staple in our organization.

For every field we want to add display logic, there are over 35 possible dropdown selections. It would be difficult to rely on the interface to create 30+ OR statements to set the display logic of each of the fields in each of the sections. 

So I would like to know if there is a way to use custom expressions or text mode to apply display logic to the custom field. And if not, are there any alternative solutions or workarounds. Any idea is appreciated!

(For example duplicating the display logic of an existing field and applying it to another?)

Thank you.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

With the new form designer, I think you're now able to copy fields with a form? You could copy a field that already has the display logic and then change field name... I haven't tried this feature yet, not sure if it copies logic.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )