Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can we create PRIVATE folders under Documents yet?

Level 1

We would like to have the ability to have "Private" working folders so our stakeholders can't look or share at the drafts in progress. I keep reading replies to this issue as going through Proofing as the solution. That won't work for us because our stakeholders need access to the projects within Workfront and not just access to Proofing. We could block their access to view the Documents section completely but we want them to be able to upload supporting materials if needed. For now, we are renaming the folder so they are deterred from accessing them but we know that nosey stakeholders will always be there. I have seen this as an unanswered issue for years now and I'm hoping by now there might be a solution.  

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

You can just rename the folder using "PRIVATE" keyword anywhere in the folder name (e.g: 2. Designer Uploads PRIVATE) and it will hide the folder and all the content inside the folder from your stakeholder.

Thanks.

Level 1

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. However, that didn't work. Is there some other step I am missing? 

Level 10

You have to manually create a folder, call it whatever you want and set permissions for that folder making sure inherited permissions is disabled.

AFIK, Renaming it with "private" doesn't do anything unless there is some sort of automation that allows for that.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 1

Hi Randy,

I've attached a screen shot. It doesn't give me the option to change the permissions for the individual folders. As a side note, we turn off our inherited permissions on all projects and these stakeholders only have "View" access. 

I appreciate the tip but it still didn't work. 

Thanks though!