Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Unable to Display Business Analyst Name in Task Report where the Name is from the Custom Form "Project Personnel"

Level 3

The report is a Task type report.  I have completed the report and here is the text for the text mode of the column in which I am trying to display the Business Analyst name.

displayname=PROJECT BUSINESS ANALYST NAME
linkedname=project
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=AssignedBusinessAnalyst
textmode=true
valuefield=project:AssignedBusinessAnalyst
valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

The Custom Form has the field AssignedBusinessAnalyst which contains the name of the Business Analyst

Here is the result of the report.  The third column is the Name.  Two lssues exist.

1.  The first project is not showing any data but data exists in the field - not sure why no data is displayed.

2.  The second project is showing data but I only want to see the name (the data for the name is correct in what is being displayed)

BillPe_0-1711657757379.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

the syntax for pulling what you need off a typeahead field is a bit tricky. It will end up looking something like this:

displayname=______
linkedname=project
textmode=true
valueexpression={project}.{DE:______:name}
valueformat=HTML

I don't know why the data wouldn't show up, if there's data in that field on that project. So after you double check that, I would suggest looking up the actual user (even though the answer is hardcoded into that project, does the user still exist). And then after you find that the user still exists and the custom form is correct, I would recommend having your authorized service contact submit a ticket to Support.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @BillPe two questions:

1. Is the custom form on the project or the task?

2. Is "AssignedBusinessAnalyst" a Text or TypeAhead field?

Level 3

Hello Monique

The Custom Form is for a project

The AssignedBusinessAnalyst is a TypeAhead field

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

the syntax for pulling what you need off a typeahead field is a bit tricky. It will end up looking something like this:

displayname=______
linkedname=project
textmode=true
valueexpression={project}.{DE:______:name}
valueformat=HTML

I don't know why the data wouldn't show up, if there's data in that field on that project. So after you double check that, I would suggest looking up the actual user (even though the answer is hardcoded into that project, does the user still exist). And then after you find that the user still exists and the custom form is correct, I would recommend having your authorized service contact submit a ticket to Support.