Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Trying to bridge the gap between a Document Version/Approval report and a Proof Approval report

Level 3

I'm in the process of helping one of the teams in our instance try and use Workfront to drive some better efficiencies in how they're presenting large bodies of proofs that pertain to one related campaign. I started working with Document Version and Approval reports and figured especially with a Large Thumbnail column and maybe some additions from a document-level custom form it would be near perfect for what they needed. My only hesitation was that some recipients might also want to see the full file/proof, especially since many of them will be either Video or multiple pages. The View Icons column seemed like something I could settle for, but some of the limitations with how it opened different types of files in the browser would make the report come with too many additional instructions to be friendly to some of the... less than tech savy folks out there.

So, per usual when I hit a roadblock, I started diving into the community posts and came across this post: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006WybvLCAR/approvals-report-can-we-add-a-go-to-proof-li...

No need to download files or put extra work on my proof uploaders. PERFECT. However, the text mode solution from that post was for a Proof Approval report and wouldn't apply directly to the Document level reports I'd built. I know there has to be a way in text mode to bridge the gap so I either can use the Proof link on my Document Approval reports or bring the Large Thumbnail and custom form fields down to the Proof Approval report, but I'm still very much just starting to learn text mode reporting and my self-written efforts can be hit or miss.

Any light that can be shed on the subject would be very much appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi -

For a document report, you can only access the most current version. But if that works for you, here is the change to Elysia's code for that

displayname=Proof Link

shortview=true

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT("https://[YOUR DOMAIN].my.workfront.com/document/",{currentVersion}.{ID},"/proof/",{currentVersion}.{proofID},"/view")

valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi -

For a document report, you can only access the most current version. But if that works for you, here is the change to Elysia's code for that

displayname=Proof Link

shortview=true

textmode=true

valueexpression=CONCAT("https://[YOUR DOMAIN].my.workfront.com/document/",{currentVersion}.{ID},"/proof/",{currentVersion}.{proofID},"/view")

valueformat=HTML

Level 3

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

Level 8

@Anthony Imgrund‚ Do you know if you can adjust this to display a hyperlink of 'Open Proof' rather than the full URL?

Employee

Following up on this - if there has been a way any has identified to display something like 'Open Proof' instead of the entire URL - that would be awesome!