Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Tracking Project Duration On Hold

Level 4

Is there a way to track the duration of time a project has spent in the "On Hold" Status?  If its two separate formulas I know I can use a third WEEKDAYDIFF formula to calculate the duration, but I'm not sure how to get the time stamps of when the project went "On Hold" and when it came off of "On Hold".

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I really don't know if there's a way to do this outside of a journal report (which would make it several different line entries and therefore manual effort subtracting line entries from each other).

Even using a calculated field to capture the different timestamps would still involve manual effort (as far as I picture it).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I really don't know if there's a way to do this outside of a journal report (which would make it several different line entries and therefore manual effort subtracting line entries from each other).

Even using a calculated field to capture the different timestamps would still involve manual effort (as far as I picture it).

Level 6

Hi - I have an idea based on something else we've done, but would it be acceptable to only have the most recent time a project moved to a status = "on hold".  Meaning it would not be cumulative if a project goes on hold multiple times.

Level 4

Yeah, unfortunately we're trying to capture the cumulative time a project has spent "On Hold".

Level 6

Is using Fusion an option?

Without Fusion what I'm picturing is messy (and has some ***), but my friend @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has helped us get something similar.

Essentially what I think would work, is a set of custom fields:

• Time on hold: calculated field
  • Most recent on hold start: calculated field
  • Most recent on hold end: calculated field
  • Possibly a change log

The calculated fields would need to be on the project object. They would use a formula that looks at current value of status, date, and prior value of the field.  I'll include screenshots of what we previously built.  (As a disclaimer, we're not using these in a current report - and I saw an error message based on changes WF has made in one of the formulas.)

Jason_JB_0-1673014399236.png

Jason_JB_1-1673014441606.png

Jason_JB_2-1673014452296.png

Community Advisor

Gotta be a way to do this. I just spent some time trying in a journal entry report to pull in only projects in on hold status, and from there messing with the scope/top objid/columns/filters but not cracking the case but I suggest going in the route of a journal entry report.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )