Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracked Custom Field Updates Reporting

Level 5

I am currently tracking a custom field to show up in Updates a timestamp of who updated it. Is there a way to pull that "Updates" info into a report, even if I have to export the report and manually extract it from more info? We are moving that custom field from the project level to a document level, and I need to compare timestamps of that vs when documents were added to see which docs were added before the project level custom field was updated.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, so you're looking to see what was filled into that specific field/when/etc, correct? If so, I recommend a journal entry report...more on journal entry reports here.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, so you're looking to see what was filled into that specific field/when/etc, correct? If so, I recommend a journal entry report...more on journal entry reports here.

Level 5

Hi Madalyn -  I am specifically looking for the System Activity entry OR if there is some buried timestamp for when the custom field was updated. I need to know that Custom Field XYZ was updated on Date. Thank you!

Community Advisor

Journal entry is still your best bet on report type. Can show when fields were updated, old vs new text value, etc.
For example you' start with change type as Edit then go from there to specify timeframe, certain users, anything else appropriate.

Level 5

Additionally - I created a journal report per that doc and it's coming up completely blank. I'm only getting page headers - not the column headers or anything under "Details". Any idea?

Level 10

Or you could use a calculated field like I did for this:

This field lists all the statuses of a project and the date they changed.

LEFT(IF(LEFT({DE:Project Status History_},LEN(IF(ISBLANK({status}),"-",{status})))={status},{DE:Project Status History_},CONCAT(IF(ISBLANK({status}),"-",{status})," (",$$NOW,") | ",{DE:Project Status History_})),2000)

Screenshot 2024-06-11 121534.png

Level 5

@RandyRoberts Thank you! I'm actually trying to get the dates a specific custom field was updated, not the project overall. But I appreciate the help!

Level 10

I meant for that to be a guide as to how to do it yourself, not a copy and paste solution. All you really have to do is replace the source and target fields.